Dr. Jolene Brighten is a licensed Naturopathic Doctor, wife, mother, and entrepreneur located in the San Francisco Bay Area. Dr. Brighten specializes in women’s health, from fertility to postpartum care, adrenal and thyroid support, autoimmune conditions, and digestive disorders. In her family-oriented practice, Dr. Brighten thrives on navigating the space between conventional and alternative medicine, all while working with patients to help them achieve optimum balance, health, and happiness.
- Postpartum Care: how to take care of mom in the year after childbirth and beyond.
- Why feeling tired isn’t just a normal part of being a new mom and needs to be investigated.
- Viewing childbirth as an intense athletic event and caring for moms appropriately.
- Creating a postpartum care plan as part of your prenatal and birth plan.
- Solutions for fatigue, decreased milk production, and irritability.
- Holistic Pelvic Care: Rehab for the pelvic bowl myofascia on a physical and energetic level.
- Why kegel exercises aren’t always the best approach for healing pelvic issues.
- How postpartum depression can be caused by thyroid problems and when to get your thyroid levels checked.
- Dr. Brighten loves coffee! And her message to you about why she wants you to enjoy it instead of depend on it.
- Feeding the adrenals with B-vitamins, magnesium, vitamin C, gelatin, and bone broth.
- Finding the support you need to thrive.
- Why your #1 job in the first two weeks postpartum is to lay in bed and cuddle your baby.
- Labs Dr. Brighten runs for her postpartum patients.
- What to do about hair loss and anxiety postpartum.
LABS DISCUSSED IN THIS EPISODE
- Complete Blood Count
- MTHFR Testing
- Comprehensive Thyroid Panel: TSH, Free T3, Free T4, Total T3, Total T4, Reverse T3, Anti-TG (Thyroglobulin), Anti-TPO (Thyroperoxidase).
- Adrenal Stress Index Test
- Vitamin D
LINKS & RESOURCES
- Great Lakes Gelatin
- Dr. Brighten’s free resources: Taking Control of Your Postpartum Hormonal Health and Natural Remedies for 5 Common Childhood Ailments.
- Connect with Dr. Jolene Brighten on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe, leave us a review on iTunes, and share the show with your friends, colleagues, and your doctor.